Jr. Broadcast Producer
Reports to Director of Production
The Jr. Producer works with alongside the production team to ensure all aspects of a production job from start to finish, and is able to skillfully tackle projects across a variety of clients and genres. He/she is a liaison for Production among the Creative and Account teams and will assist with multiple projects simultaneously. He/she is responsible for seeing a job through from its inception during the bidding process all the way to the shipment of the finished product. A Jr. Producer will assist with executing the creative vision and make ideas come to life while assisting with the management of costs within budget and adhering to deadlines. He/she will additionally assist the Talent/Traffic Department with commercial approvals, talent estimation/payment and scheduling where needed. He/she has excellent organization, creative, communication and interpersonal abilities.
Duties and responsibilities
• Creating workback schedules for specific projects for account team review after consulting with John/Scott re: time required to edit/make revisions
• Updating In-house post production calendar to reflect on-going shifts in project timing
• Enlisting freelance editor help when necessary (pending paperwork and hiring manager approval)
• Tracking progress on deliverables to ensure timely outputs and clear expectations re: deadlines
• Schedule and lead key touch point meetings between creative/account teams and in-house post production – Including: briefs, agency rough cuts/fine cuts and client fine cut.
• Check/review all outputs before they are sent out for internal or client feedback.
• Creating in-house post production estimates
• Creating and tracking work orders
• Monthly billing: creating an excel spreadsheet every month that summarizes all work orders and projects
• Monthly revenue reporting: summarize all actuals for the month and forecasted revenues for the next month – by client (forecasting requires a touch base with all account teams to confirm likelihood of projects, SOW, and timing).
• Creating PO’s for any external charges
• Tracking job progress and actualizing complete jobs.
• New business: helping the planning and new business team with pitch deliverables i.e. scheduling and managing video development, urgent file conversions and/or shooting content (organizing videographer shoots)
• Awards submissions: producing videos for award shows as needed and converting spots as per entry specs
• Creating slate sheets for all TV, Radio, and Web content as requested by producers/account teams.
• Distribute storage invoices to appropriate account teams for payment.
• Organize creative department screenings with relevant suppliers.
• Assist Talent/Traffic Mgr during high volume workloads and vacation by: submitting scripts to Telecaster and ASC for preliminary and final approvals, talent estimation/payment, and scheduling to TV and Radio stations/AORs.
• 1-3 years agency production experience
• Experience in Broadcast & New Media production
• Broadcast / Media Production or Advertising diploma/certificate a definite asset
• Excellent negotiator, communicator, and relationship builder
• Familiar with the ACTRA and UDA commercial agreement
• Acquainted with broadcast trafficking process and talent payment through third party payment company
• Understanding of MAC / MS outlook
• Excellent creative judge and confident with creative input and contribution
• Ability to translate creative briefs and storyboards into visual representations
• Strong relationship building and inter-personal skills
• Ability to work independently
• Strong Organizational and multitasking skills
• Ability to work nights and weekends
• Ability to manage project related “paper work” and finance details without admin level support
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.