Copywriter (FCB Montreal)
Reports to Creative Director
All copywriters should possess the ability to work with clients in different industries and must be able to work comfortably with people from different creative disciplines and with different creative teams. They should also be able to collaborate effectively with producers, account managers, and others outside the immediate creative team (e.g., Digital Studio, production vendors).
Duties and responsibilities
Responsible for creating written text (known as ‘ long copy’) that works hand-in-hand with the visual concepts generated by the art director
Must write in the tone suitable for the client and brand style as well as appropriate for multiple platforms, including: Web sites, mobile apps, emails, social media, blogs; direct mail
Actually write—that is, be able to write compelling and grammatically clean long-form copy
Write high-engagement social media content that reflects client’s brand’s voice
Concept and collaborate with creative team, including other copywriters, designers and art directors
Be comfortable writing in multiple styles and for multiple formats.
Work with account managers and planners to ensure creative concepts, tactics, and copy tone are on brand and strategically sound.
Work with the team to ensure copy is delivered within deadlines and in accordance with clients’ criteria.
Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines
• Innovative and inspiring creative solutions for digital channels. Experience in other media (print, radio, TV, video, direct response, retail, or promotion channels) is an asset
• Curiosity, and a passion for digital media.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks.
• The ability to collaborate, to take constructive criticism, and to seek out and act on peer/client feedback—call this “people skills,” “soft skills,” or what have you—which is essential to good team chemistry and client relations.
• A strong desire to do brand-building, product-selling, and award-winning work.
• Marketing sense and an interest in helping to develop campaign platforms that can work across channels.
• A minimum of three years’ experience in advertising and/or digital media.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.