Art Director (FCB Montreal)
Reports to VP, Head of Creative
The Art Director will blend ‘classic’ and ‘emerging’ art direction skills and will be responsible for the successful conceptualization and execution of creative initiatives. Working closely with creative management, clients and account management teams, the Art Director ensures creative solutions are delivered per client expectation while meeting internal standards.
All Art Directors should possess the ability to work with clients in different industries and must be able to work comfortably with people from different creative disciplines and with different creative teams. They will also work closely with their Strategy and Account partners to deliver work against the client objectives. They should also be able to collaborate effectively across the agency (producers, project managers, and others outside the immediate creative team – e.g., Digital Studio, production vendors).
The ideal candidate will display passion and curiosity about new opportunities and techniques that are grounded by classical training and experience. As an Art Director at FCB, you will contribute to the agency’s creative product with solid experience in both mass and digital.
Duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for delivering well-designed, strategic creative solutions based in traditional advertising, but which could include a range of integrated marketing components including interactive, direct, promotion and traditional advertising.
• Responsible for originating creative designs and concepts that support the client brief.
• Work closely with the Account and Strategy Team to understand all client business requirements.
• Contribute to brainstorming initiatives and gathering ideas to support the team’s creative delivery.
• On assignments where other channels are involved, work with the creative teams to ensure an integrated and consistent look and feel.
• Present creative solutions to clients
• Responsible for execution of concepts or standards, based on defined requirements, including television, print and radio
• Work with the studio to provide, creative assets during execution phase.
• Ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures
• 3+ years working as an art director in an Advertising Agency setting
• A related Bachelors’ degree, Graphic Design, New Media Diploma or equivalent work experience.
• A demonstrated ability to expand thinking to integrated channels
• Strong conceptual and design skills
• Proven experience working with mass advertising concepts
• Team player. Able to collaborate with all levels of internal and external partners
• Developing presentation skills
• Fully proficient in MAC operating software (Photo Shop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, and GoogleDocs) and MS Office (Word & PowerPoint)
• Excellent communication skills- verbal and written
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Able to work on conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to handle multiple competing priorities
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.