Reports to Account Supervisor
The Account Executive is responsible for the management of all projects on specific account mandates and acts as a key contact between the agency and the client. The Account Executive manages the project management process through Creative and Production to deliver the highest quality work in the fastest, most cost-effective manner. The Account Executive builds solid professional relationships and personal connections with clients.
Duties and responsibilities
Client Relationship Management
• Keep clients up to date on all projects and discuss issues with them
• Ensure all client requests are met in a timely and service-oriented manner
• Assist in soliciting the client’s perspective on key measures of success
• Keep all agency departments informed on client/account developments
• Keep abreast of all client industry developments and competition
• Conduct and analyze competitive communication and prepare draft client documents for review
• Keep Account Supervisor/Director informed on project status
• Proactive at initiating projects internally
• Develop internal briefing documents for review by senior account team member
• Manage all day-to-day account activities, internal and external
• Play an active role in the creative development of projects
• Participate in marketing planning and assume responsibility for execution and all operational aspects of projects
• Prepare specific project documents
• Review all creative/production material at every stage
• Manage all estimates from preparation to client approval
• Analyze campaign results and prepare post-analysis for review by senior account team member
• Manage and/or assist account team members, and assist on other accounts
• Responsible for set-up and maintenance of account administration tools & materials: central files/server, reference materials, etc.
• Organize weekly status meetings
• Review status of estimates and dockets
• Understand financial terminology and factors that can impact a project budget
• Draft agendas client meetings
• Completed degree preferably in Advertising, Marketing, or Communications
• 1 – 2 years of experience in an account management / agency role
• Demonstrated interest and passion for communications/relationship marketing/digital
• Detail oriented with outstanding organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment
• Strong client management skills
• Proactive and independent problem solver
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong presentation skills, both internally and with clients
• Broadcast experience an asset
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with visible and non-visible disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruiting and selection process.
FCB is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our agency. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to be recognized by Ad Age as one of the Best Places to Work 2020. FCB does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of citizenship, race, place of origin, ethnic origin, colour, ancestry, disability, age, creed, sex/pregnancy, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression, or any other protected ground under applicable law.